Even to this day the origin of the city remains a mistery. We know for sure that it was inhabited in the pre-roman era. Rome left its indelible mark by building of the Aqueduct. Repopulated in 1088, Segovia gathers centuries of brilliant History. The textile industry and wool trading made the city thrive, layered in two physical and social levels: the fortified city, inhabited by noblemen and clergy, and the suburbs in the Eresma and Clamores banks where the productive activity was developed. During the 12th and 17th centuries, this prosperity brings about the building of many churches, convents, strongholds, palaces and other elements belonging to the monumental compound we can still enjoy nowadays. The economical decadence paralyses to a certain extent the artistic development, but favours the preservation of its monumental Patrimony. From the last decades of the 19th century, the city restores its remarkable legacy, and nowadays it is shown proudly to the visitor. A city to enjoy calmly and to return to, Segovia. It has received every official appreciation for its artistic and monumental richness, for the transparency of its light, for the openness of the atmosphere wrapping it, and for the lushness of the encircling wood that, in contrast to the ochre colour of dry stone, enhances it as a green oasis A Real Orden issued in a remote October the 11th of 1884, named the Aqueduct Monumento Histórico Artístico (Historical-artistic monument). This honourable name was given, as years passed by, to several monuments of the city. Finally in 1985 the UNESCO culminated the process in the naming of Segovia as a World Heritage Site.